Monday 11 June 2012

Introduction to SecondLife





Dramatic lighting created on SecondLife, using the principles of additive colour (colour is created by mixing the visible light emitted from differently coloured light sources - here I created a white light using red, blue and green light sources with values close to 255).
Using the render tool in Photoshop, I created white light by casting  red, blue and green lights with 255 values over a black background (additive colour).
After taking a picture of my dramatic lighting, I placed it on a prim that I made on SecondLife. It appears to be a giant mirror where my avatar and prims are reflected on.
After experimenting a bit with SecondLife, I ended up making a few interesting objects. What appears to be a cloud or ice cream, is a pyramidal prim that I twisted and made flexible, so that it bends with the wind. The floating 'apple' house was made by sculpting a sphere, and adding a window texture to it. The larger blue glowing structure in the back was made by repeating prims and adding light to some of the faces.

Using Scratch4SL I made some of the prims magnify in size in a random order, creating an overall  interesting effect on the building.



No comments:

Post a Comment